After a life-changing diagnosis of her mother, U of G MBA grad Preet Bassi is raising awareness and funds for healthcare in her community.
When Preet Bassi was 17, her mother was diagnosed with breast cancer. With the support of her family and friends, she wanted to help raise awareness for breast cancer. Bassi started the "I Rock Pink" initiative, which not only raised funds for cancer research but also started a much-needed conversation amongst her family and friends about the disease. Since the launch of the initiative, her actions have helped raise nearly $100,000 for healthcare causes.
Working at RBC as a Commercial Account Manager for Healthcare Professionals, Bassi remains committed to continuing the conversation about cancer. She sits on the William Osler Health System’s Holi Gala committee, which raises funds for the hospital and healthcare community. She also serves on City of Brampton’s Economic Development Master Plan Steering Committee and City of Brampton’s Economic Development Advisory Committee.
"It's not only a career or community involvement, it's a personal commitment to healthcare."
Education and Experience
Completed her MBA from the University of Guelph, specializing in Sustainable Commerce.
Works as Commercial Account Manager, Health Care at RBC, providing financing solutions to healthcare professionals.
Has worked at RBC in a variety of roles since 2010.
Her U of G MBA helped her build sustainable relations that will last decades.
Values and Background
Co-founder of the “I Rock Pink” charitable initiative, raising awareness and funds for healthcare causes.
Helped raise over $100,000 for healthcare causes in the GTA.
Received the Connor, Clark and Lunn Financial Group entrance scholarship during her MBA.
Recognized with the Leading Women Building Communities award and the Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal.
- Serves on the William Osler Health System committee, helping raise funds through the hospital's Holi Gala event.
- Serves on the Economic Development Master Plan Steering Committee and Economic Development Advisory Committee for the City of Brampton.
- A RBC Future Launch Champion, helping to provide meaningful career options to youth.
- Her family has sponsored a room at William Osler, as part of their commitment to the community.
- Served as a Co-Run Director for the CIBC’s Run for the Cure.