On January 23, 2018 and February 5, 2018, the Board of Governors and Senate respectively approved the Policy on Establishing University Policies and Procedures, along with accompanying procedures and a template document to guide policy development and governance approvals.
Policy 1.1 Policy on Establishing University Policies and Procedures, applies to all University policies and procedures approved by the Board of Governors and Senate. Policy 1.1 and its accompanying procedures provides guidance on:
- Definitions of university policies and procedures
- Format for policies and procedures, including a policy template
- Roles and responsibilities of Responsible Office(s) and Responsible Officer(s)
- Guidance for policy implementation and review, including a minimum five year schedule for all university policies
- Guidance on the rescindment of university policies and procedures
The University Secretariat is responsible for the administration of this policy and for providing guidance and support to the University community. Please contact us if you have questions about policy development, review or revision.