The Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance is committed to ensuring projects are completed as they were originally approved. However, in some circumstances requests to amend the original award agreement will be considered.
Requests for changes to a project should be submitted via the Research Management System (RMS) as early as possible. Extension requests should be submitted as early as possible and, preferably, at least three months before the end date of the project.
An amendment request is required for the following situations:
- A project delay or extension (change to the start or end date of a project).
- A change to the objectives or deliverables of the project due to challenges with the progression of the research.
- A change in the lead applicant.
To request an amendment, there must be a recent Annual Report associated with the project (no more than nine months old), except in the cases where projects are in their first year. If you are not sure if you require an amendment or a related report, or if your project has passed the end date, please reach out to email@example.com.
To request an amendment
- Log in to the Research Management System (RMS).
- On the homepage, navigate to the ‘Awarded’ tab.
- Click on the project for which you wish to request an extension.
- Press the ‘Request Amendment’ button at the top of the project page.
- Select all relevant checkboxes under the ‘Reasons for Amendment’ list available and press ‘Save’.
- New fields will appear based on the ‘Reasons for Amendment’ selected. Please complete these fields. Leave the ‘Research Station Manager Comments on Availability’ field blank.
- Supplementary information can be appended to support the amendment request (optional).
- Press ‘Submit’.
It is expected that all research team members are aware of project changes, which will be confirmed via a checkbox on the amendment request.
Program staff will review your request and contact you if there are any questions, missing details or if an annual report is required. Please allow for at least four weeks for the amendment to be reviewed.
If your amendment request is approved, you will receive an email to the address associated with the proposal. The Alliance reserves the right to deny amendment requests, including if reporting is not up to date or insufficient detail is provided to support the request.
If you have any questions, or if you are experiencing significant challenges with your project, please contact a Research Program Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please also inform program staff if there are any changes in partner support for the project (new co-funders or loss of co-funder support) or if there are changes in project expenditures from the approved budget.