View presentations from the 2021 Rural Symposium
Selected presentations from the Feb. 11 Rural Symposium, hosted by U of G's School of Environmental Design and Rural Development, the Ontario Ministry of Agriculture, Food and Rural Affairs and the Ontario Agri-Food Innovation Alliance, are available in the journal Rural Review: Ontario Rural Planning, Development and Policy. Contact presenters if you have questions or would like further information.
Presentations are linked below; those funded by the Alliance are marked with an asterisk(*).
- Aggregate and Agriculture: Cultivating Neighbourly Relations, Stories from Across Ontario* (Jeff Reichheld, Emily Hehl, Regan Zink)
- Assessing Land Use Planning Tools to Mitigate Odour and Lighting Nuisance Related to Cannabis Production* (Alessia Pugliese, Jordan Scholten, Samantha Yeung)
- Disruptive Technologies in the Agri-Food Sector: A Knowledge Synthesis (Joelena Leader, Ben Shantz)
- Municipal Capacity: A Greenbelt Focus (Elise Geschiere, Regan Zink, Emily Sousa)
- The Impacts of On-Farm Diversification to the Family Farm and the Intersection of Land Preservation through Public Planning in Ontario* (Pamela Duesling)
- The Transformation of Soil Advisory Services in Ontario* (Alliance KTT Program) (Ezekiel Martin)
- Understanding Local Water Collaboration for the Potential to Enhance Community Source Water Protection at Chippewas of the Thames First Nation (Natalya Garrod)