Growing Great Kids - Inclusion Support Services
Inclusion Support Services is a group of professionals from different agencies who work together to support families and child care programs.
The purpose of Inclusion Support Services is to assist child care providers with:
- helping all children reach their potential, and
- including all children successfully in their child care program.
Before a child enters child care, if the family or child care program has concerns about the child’s development, the Inclusion Coordinator from County of Wellington Child Care Services works with the family and child care program to support a smooth transition into child care.
At any time, child care providers and parents can ask for assistance if they have concerns about individual children’s development. Child care providers can also ask for advice when they want to better meet the needs of an entire group of children.
Each child care program has an Inclusion Team. The first members of your program’s Inclusion Team are the child care providers. They are experts in Early Childhood Education. The rest of the Team includes the following consultants:
· an Occupational Therapist from KidsAbility Centre for Child Development – who helps when children have difficulties with self care and daily routines, response to sensory input, attention to task, and feeding, hand, play, or social skills
· a Physiotherapist from KidsAbility Centre for Child Development– who helps when children have difficulties with movement, balance, coordination, motor planning, and activities such as sitting, crawling, walking, jumping, and using a ball
· a Speech Language Pathologist from Wee Talk Preschool Speech and Language Services who helps when children have difficulties with speaking, understanding language, stuttering, or interacting with others
· a Social Development Consultant from Canadian Mental Health Association - Waterloo Wellington Dufferin who helps when children have social, emotional, or behaviour difficulties that affect their participation in the child care program
· an Early Childhood Resource Consultant from Canadian Mental Health Association - Waterloo Wellington Dufferin also called a Resource Consultant) – who helps when children have difficulties in more than one area of development
For more information go to Growing Great Kids Guelph-Wellington