14th Annual Photo Contest
Show us Your World
and You could Win a $250 Gift Card!
Each year, the Centre for International Programs runs the "Show Us Your World" photo contest, which showcases the photos of students who have studied abroad on a University of Guelph Study Abroad (Exchange, Field School, Summer Research, Summer Language, Summer Exchange) program during the previous year. For this year's contest, we are remembering when we were able to study abroad safely. You must have studied abroad in the Fall 19, or Winter 20 to participate in this contest.
We know you took lots of pictures while you were travelling and we really, really want to see them!! Read over the categories and contest rules below and submit your photos for a chance to win!
Contest opens: Tuesday, October 13th, 2020
Contest closes: Wednesday, October 28th, 2020
Voting: Monday, November 2 - Friday, November 6 @ 4:00pm
Winner Announced: Tuesday, November 10, 2020
2020 Contest Categories
1. Fun with Friends: Show us how you and your friends (new and old) made the most of your time abroad! What picture (or two) best represents you and your study abroad friends?
2. Gryph's Abroad: How did you represent the University of Guelph, while abroad? Did you wear your UofG sweater or rep Guelph at a study abroad fair? Show us!
3. Study Abroad Because: We want to see a picture that represents why you decided to study abroad! What symbolizes your study abroad experience?
4. Everyday Student Life: Show us a photo of what your life was like as a student at your host university.
Fan Favourite: $50 Amazon Gift Card
The winning photograph in each photo contest category will be decided by popular vote on Facebook. The photo with the most “Likes” in each category will win the $50 gift certificate.
The same entrant can win the Fan Favourite in only one category.
Grand Prize: a $250 Amazon Gift Card
An expert panel of judges appointed by the Centre for International Programs will decide the Grand Prize winner, chosen from all of the photos entered in the contest.
How to Submit Your Photos (Submission is now closed)
Please read through the information below for Rules and Regulations on how to submit your photos. Then, follow the link to submit your photos.
Submit Your Photos Here
If you have any questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contest Rules and Regulations
1. Two photos per category per entrant. All additional entries will be disqualified.
2. Photos must have been taken by the student on the study abroad program or travels associated with the study abroad program. Only the creator of an image has the right to submit it. Prizes will be awarded to the entrants.
3. The contest is open to any University of Guelph student who participated in a University of Guelph Study Abroad program during the Fall 19 or Winter 20 semesters.
1. All entries must be submitted in digital forms, as .jpg files
2. The original image size must be in high-resolution format, with a minimum of 1500x2100pixels or 3.1 megapixels.
3. Photographic entries must be accompanied by a photo title and a description of the photo.
1. By submitting your photo entry/entries to the "Show us your World" photo contest, you agree to give CIP permission to use your photo(s).
2. The Centre for International Programs reserves the non-exclusive right to publish any entry and/or use any entry in related promotional material. These rights include but are not limited to CIP print and electronic publications, events and promotional materials and online venues such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and the CIP website.
1. The winning photograph in each photo contest category will be decided by popular vote on Facebook, with the photo with the most “Likes” in each category winning the category prize. All winners will be notified by email in November.
2. The Grand Prize winner for the contest will be selected by a panel of judges appointed by the Centre for International Programs. The decision of the judges is final. The winner will be notified by email in November.
1. Prizes must be accepted as awarded and no alternative will be given.