Come to Guelph on Exchange

Applying to come to Guelph on Exchange

Every year, the University of Guelph welcomes over 180 exchange students from around the world to our campus.  If you want to come to the University of Guelph on exchange, your home university must have an exchange agreement with us. To find out if your university has an agreement with us, you can search our exchange partners in our online Program Search.  

No Exchange agreement with Guelph? You can still study here...

If you would like to come to the University of Guelph but your home university does not have an exchange agreement, you can apply to study on our campus as a visiting student through what we call a Letter of Permission (LOP). A Letter of Permission gives a student permission from their home university to take credits at the University of Guelph and transfer these credits toward their degree program.

About the University of Guelph

There are many great reasons to choose Guelph as your exchange destination: a beautiful, friendly campus located in a beautiful, friendly city. As one of Canada's top comprehensive universities with a learner-centred approach, the University of Guelph is a great academic choice. Additionally, Guelph has a central location that is a gateway to great Canadian adventures such as Toronto, Niagara Falls, Algonquin Park, Ottawa, and Montreal. The only problem will be - once you're here, you may want to stay!