Work Study Program Job Posting Guide
The Work Study Program provides students with demonstrated financial need the opportunity to meet their educational costs while developing transferable knowledge, skills, and attitudes through part-time, paid work experiences on campus during their registered term.
Funded through the Student Awards Office, qualifying job proposals submitted by departments will receive a reimbursement for wages and benefits paid to approved students.
Work Study Job Posting Instructions
- Proposing a New Work Study Job
- Re-posting an Existing Work Study Job
- Changing Work Study Job Owners
- Interviewing Work Study Candidates
- Making an Offer and Confirming Work Study Employment
- Frequently Asked Work Study Questions
Work Study Policies and Procedures exist to provide a fair and efficient process for students, supervisors, and hosting departments.
All supervisors and hosting department administrators should consult the Work Study Policies and Procedures annually to ensure they are being followed correctly.
All Work Study jobs must include 2-5 anticipated learning outcomes to support students in developing the knowledge, skills, and attitudes needed to move their personal, academic, and professional goals forward. Learn more about writing learning outcomes for work experiences.
In keeping with best practices in experiential learning, all Work Study supervisors should integrate adequate time for goal setting, reflection, and feedback throughout each Work Study job. Learn more about integrating reflection and feedback into student employment.
For questions or support about developing or refining learning outcomes, reflection activities, or feedback opportunities, contact Daniel Poulin, Experiential Learning Specialist (firstname.lastname@example.org).
The Summer 2021 Work Study cycle is now closed.
August 16, 2021 - early January 2022
- The Fall/Winter Financial Needs Assessment Form (NAF) will be available on the Student Financial Services Forms & Documents page. Students must re-apply for Work Study approval annually.
September 10, 2021 at 11:59 pm
Questions and Support
Experiential Learning Support Team
- Re-posting jobs
- Proposing new jobs
- Integrating experiential learning
- Experience Guelph system
Student Awards Office
- Work Study policies and procedures
- Student eligibility
- Confirmations of employment