Cheese Making Technology Short Course
New Cheese Maker Certificate Program (CMC):
The Department of Food Science has created a Cheese Maker Certificate program (CMC).
The CMC will include:
- Introduction to Cheese Technology
- At least three of the following courses; each is three days long
- Introduction to Dairy Fermentations
- Cheese composition and yield control
- Cheese safety and quality assurance
- Cheese ripening, grading, and packaging
- At least three Master Classes. Each Master Class is three days long and focuses on a particular cheese variety, or family, or technology.
- A minimum of six months internship in hands on cheese making
Introduction to Cheese Technology - April 2021
Introduction to Dairy Fermentations - June 16-18 2020
Ripened Lactic Cheese - September 14 to 16 2020
If you have any questions about the CMC, please email: email@example.com