Academic and Professional Skills Development
The University offers an abundance of resources to help students develop skills important for their careers. Feel free to use the list of links below, as a starting point in your search for ideas and information.
- [This is a general site with links to various events and activities]
- [This is a tool that can help a student determine what skills they have and what skills they want to develop]
- [Various workshops are listed on a calendar. Clicking on an item in the calendar gives more specific information about that particular item]
- [This is a series of modules on 1. Research and Teaching, 2. Communication, 3. Wellness, 4. Career and Leadership. Grad students can complete them anytime during the course of their program. The idea is to help students prepare for a career after completion of their degree]
- [This office organizes various activities with a focus on educational scholarship within the biological sciences]
- [This unit supports, trains and leads students and alumni as they make career and further education planning decisions]