Astra - Arts, Science & Technology Research Alliance
The Arts, Science and Technology Research Alliance (ASTRA) aims to bring together researchers across the University of Guelph whose interests lie within an intersection of the sciences, the humanities and the fine arts.
Examples of these areas of convergence include:
- topics which involve researchers from a diversity of areas (such as the problem of consciousness, medical bioethics, questions about the origins of the universe);
- the history of science;
- the role and influence of science in culture;
- the public communication of science;
- the representation of science and scientific ideas in art and literature;
- methodological and epistemological questions about science;
- and the relation (reductive or otherwise) between the physical sciences,
- the life sciences and the social sciences.
Contact us at email@example.com