2019 COA 3MT® Competition
Date and Time
University of Guelph
The 3 Minute Thesis (3MT®) is a university-wide competition for graduate students in which participants present their research and its wider impact in 3 minutes or less to a panel of non-specialist judges. The challege is to present complex research in an engaging, accessible, and compelling way, using only one static slide.
- Students must be registered in a Masters (Thesis or MRP) or PhD program at the time of the 3MT® competition, and must have made substatial progress on their research and analysis.
- Course-based Masters students are ineligible.
- PhD and Masters students who have defended, but have not yet convocated, are eligible to participate.
- 3MT® presentations must represent the primary research the student conducted in his/her graduate program.
The College will decide upon two finalists who will advance to the University of Guelph Final.
The 2019 COA heat registrations are now open, and the waver can be found here: https://www.uoguelph.ca/graduatestudies/sites/uoguelph.ca.graduatestudies/files/3MT%202019%20Registration%20and%20Waiver.pdf
Students are to register by February 18th, 2019. For the College of Arts heat, please send your 3MT® heat coordinator Danielle DiFruscia (firstname.lastname@example.org) the following information:
- Name (title/first/last)
- Degree (Master's or PhD)
- Thesis Title
- 3MT® Presentation title
- Completed registration waver
University of Guelph Final Competition
The University of Guelph finals will take place Wednesday, April 3rd from 1:30 to 3:30 in UC 442. More information about the final competition is available on the Office of Graduate Studies website.
Prizes for the university competition are as follows: 1st Place: $1,000, 2nd Place: $500, 3rd Place: $250. Please note all prizes are paid against tuition.