Do I have to speak another language to apply to study abroad?

This depends on the study abroad program you decide to go for. The vast majority of our partners offer courses in English and all of our field school programs are offered in English. However, some of the courses (e.g. language programs) in some partner universities require some proficiency level in the local language, in such cases, you must meet the language requirement. If you have an intermediate (usually 2nd year) level of French, German, Spanish or Italian, then you can also consider studying in Latin America, France, Germany, Spain or Italy in the local language!  To study in one of these languages, you must submit a Language Assessment Form along with your online application.