Do I still need to buy Guard.Me Travel and Emergency Insurance if I have my own health insurance coverage or my host university requires me to buy a different health insurance plan?

All students who will be studying abroad must purchase the Guard Me insurance plan at least three weeks before their departure. 

Unfortunately, there are no exemptions from purchasing Guard Me insurance, even if your host university or country requires you to buy a mandatory health insurance plan (such as OSCH in Australia).  While other plans may cover you for basic medical care in your host country, they often do not cover students for such things as travel to other countries, emergency evacuation, repatriation, or flying a loved one to be with you if you are hospitalized. Therefore, having the Guard Me insurance is necessary at an affordable rate.