Manjusri Misra, Ph.D.
Tel: 519 824-4120 ext:58935
- Bio-Based New Materials
- Green Nanotechnology
- Polymer Nanotechnology
- Nanostructured Materials & Devices
- Nano Particles & Applications
- Pyrolysis of Biomass and Characterization of Biocarbon for Composite Applications
- Surface treatment of micro and nanofibers and fiber-matrix adhesion
- Nanobiocomposites from carbon nanotubes, alumina nanowhisker, silver nanoparticles and cellulose nanofibers
- Self-cleaning/ultrahydrophobic nanocoatings, adhesives, paints
- Electrospinning processing
- 3D Printing of Biobased Materials
- Nanobio materials & tissue engineering
- Bio-based polymers (Polylactides-PLA, Polyhydroxyalkanoates-PHAs, Cellulose plastics, Soy protein plastics, Distillers Dried Grains with Solubles-DDGS plastics, lignin plastics, poly(trimethylene terephthalate)-Sorona™ Polymer), their blends, composites and nanocomposites
- Biocomposites from flax, hemp, kenaf, jute, sisal, henequen, cellulose, bamboo, corn stalk, soy stalk, wheat straw, talc and fly ash
- Functionalized plant oils
- Biobased Polyesters and their Composites
- Biobased Epoxies and their Composites
- Reactive extrusion processing
- Extrusion and injection molding of biocomposites
- Multilayer injection molding
- Biocomposite sheet molding compounds
- Biocomposite powder processing (BioSMC)
- Microwave processing of biocomposites
- Vacuum assisted resin transfer molding (VARTM) of biocomposites
- Novel materials derived from starch and chitosan
- ENGG*2120 Material Science
- ENGG*2660 Biological Engineering
- ENGG*6130 Physical Properties of Biomaterials
PhD, M.A.Sc & MEng Student Openings in Biological Engineering with Funding
Funded Graduate Opportunities available in my research group - PhD, M.A.Sc & MEng in Biological Engineering*
This graduate opportunity is for graduate students pursuing a degree in Biological Engineering for the following research areas in my team.
- 3D Printing of Bioplastics and Biocomposites
- Bioplastics and Biobased Polymers
- Biocomposites (Natural Fibre Composites) and Polymer Blends
- Green Composites including Recyclability, Durability and Biodegradability Studies
- Biobased Nanocomposites and Nanoblends
- Biomedical Applications for Bioplastics and Biocomposites
- Biomass and Biomaterials Sustainability
- Value-added Biobased Materials from the Coproducts/Byproducts of Biofuel Industries
- Biodegradability (Compostability)
For entry in the PhD Biological Engineering program, candidates must hold a thesis-based Master’s degree in engineering.
For entry in the M.A.Sc./MEng programs, candidates must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Science.
If your first language is not English, you will be required to submit the results of a standardized language test. Please see the chart for acceptable tests and required scores. Please refer to the School of Engineering website for department requirements.
For more information on how to apply, please contact me by e mail:
firstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
Applications will be accepted on an ongoing basis until the positions are filled.
A preliminary selection will be made based on the interviews to qualify the prospective candidate to apply for graduate studies at the University of Guelph. Selection does not guarantee acceptance for graduate studies.
*Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.