Funding & Bursaries


How can graduate students find help during financial emergencies?

The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (OGPS) administers the Graduate Students' Association/University Graduate Student Compassionate Bursary Fund. The bursary is allocated on a case-by-case basis.

What GSA bursaries are available for grad students?

The GSA allocates Activities Grants (PDR), Travel Grants and Childcare Bursaries. Contact or or visit the GSA Awards and Bursaries page for more information.

Where do I submit my GSA Compassionate Bursary Fund application?

The Graduate Student Compassionate Bursary Fund is administered by The Office of Graduate and Postdoctoral Studies (OGPS). Please email the application form along with relevant documentation directly to

The Graduate Scholarships Officer will assist students in finding any other sources of support as well as making an initial determination of the amount of support available from this fund.