Travel Health Insurance for Guelph Students and others

Students participating in an official University of Guelph study abroad program are now required to purchase comprehensive travel health insurance through a special arrangement with Guard Me Insurance. Guard Me specializes in insuring students, faculty and staff travelling for educational or research purposes. Insurance can be obtained from the Guelph-Guard Me web portal. While the insurance is currently mandatory for students travelling on a study abroad program, other students, faculty and staff travelling for research, attending conferences or participating in other travel realted to a University of Guelph activity can also purchase a policy through the website. 

Note, if you are travelling with a group of students, it may be cheaper to purchase the Guard.Me travel health insurance as a group. You can find more information about the group travel registration for DepartSmart and travel health insurance on the CIP website.