DECA dominance: Lang students win multiple medals at international competition
Lang Commerce students have captured 17 awards, including two 1st place finishes, at the DECA International Career Development Conference in Orlando, Florida on April 13th. The business students competed against approximately 1,400 DECA members at the global competition.
This adds to Lang’s impressive performance at the DECA-U Ontario competition in January, where the School took home 10 awards. In 2019, Lang business students have captured a total of 27 DECA-U awards.
Special recognition goes to;
- Madison Boyack and Alexis Chomiak who both received top 10 international overall medals and placed third for the event planning challenge,
- Emily Kaldis who received a top 10 score on her comprehensive exam, a top 10 international overall medal winner and placed 1st in the human resource management challenge,
- Adrian Marcolini who received a top 10 score on his comprehensive exam for corporate finance challenge,
- Ryan Padum who received a top 10 score on his comprehensive exam and received a top 10 international overall medal for the entrepreneurship challenge,
- Jacqueline Simard who received a top 10 score for her comprehensive exam, a top 10 international overall medal winner and 1st in the restaurant and foodservice management challenge.
Congratulations to all winners!
Learn more about the DECA competition on their website.