University of Guelph represented at 2016 Regional Economic Summit
Leaders from across the Guelph region engaged in discussions about collaboration and investment at the annual economic summit hosted by the Guelph Chamber of Commerce on January 29. University of Guelph president, Dr. Franco Vaccarino, vice-president (external), Daniel Atlin and College of Business and Economics dean Dr. Julia Christensen Hughes, were among the expert panelists in attendance who led discussions on a number of different topics, examining
- how energy & the economy intersect in our region and beyond;
- how we can leverage the intersection of energy and the economy as an economic opportunity into the future;
- how leading businesses of all sizes are thriving within our region;
- how our local entrepreneur economy – driven primarily by technology and ‘maker’ manufacturing – will drive our region’s prosperity; and
- how our region can become a hub for global talent and win the workforce challenge.
College of Business and Economics graduate students are currently working on a report covering the summit, outlining the next steps for economic growth in the region. Read more on the 2016 summit.