Open Learning at the University of Guelph:
Accessible, Flexible, Innovative
ABOUT OPEN LEARNING AND EDUCATIONAL SUPPORT
The University of Guelph's Open Learning & Educational Support promotes the University's goal of excellence in education by providing open access to award-winning courses offered through degree-credit distance education and non-degree courses and programs.
ONLINE AND DISTANCE EDUCATION COURSES FOR LEARNERS NOT IN A DEGREE PROGRAM AT GUELPH
If you are not currently enrolled in a degree program at the University of Guelph, you will be taking courses through the Open Learning program if you want to:
- apply degree-credit distance education courses to your current degree at another institution with a Letter of Permission
- pursue professional development through individual courses or toward a certificate or diploma
- take courses for personal enrichment or interest
- gain potential credits that can be applied to a future degree program at the University of Guelph
Prospective graduate students may also wish to take advantage of online courses as preparation for entering a graduate program. Currently, three online graduate programs are offered at Guelph, namely, an MBA in Hospitality and Tourism Management, an MBA in Food and Agribusiness Management, and an MA (Leadership) program. More information about these graduate programs is available at http://www.mba.uoguelph.ca/. For information about on-campus graduate programs, visit Graduate Studies.
ONLINE AND DISTANCE EDUCATION FOR STUDENTS ENROLLED IN A DEGREE PROGRAM AT GUELPH
If you are a University of Guelph student currently enrolled in a degree program, you may choose to take distance education courses for a variety of reasons:
- distance courses allow you to pick up credits while away on summer break, on a co-op job placement, or on an international semester
- the course you want may be offered only by distance in a given semester
- distance courses provide you with flexibility in designing your own study schedule and/or allow you to avoid timetable conflicts
- learning by distance may be your preferred method
Visit the Undergraduate Admissions website at https://admission.uoguelph.ca for a schedule of important dates, application deadlines, applicable tuition fees, and to register.
CONTINUING EDUCATION PROGRAM
If you are looking to take specialized non-degree courses or programs for professional development or personal interest, you may want to consider enrolling in a Continuing Education program.
Our Continuing Education programs are comprised of specialized, career-oriented face-to-face and online learning opportunities designed cooperatively with various University departments, industry, government, and professional associations to meet the specific professional development needs of local, national, and international audiences. Continuing Education programs are delivered on and off campus, and many courses are available online.
Visit the Open Learning & Educational Support's website at www.OpenEd.uoguelph.ca to search upcoming Continuing Education course and program offerings, to view detailed program information, and to register.