Financial Aid


Full-time Students

Financial assistance is available from the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP) for students taking 1.5 - 2.5 credits (or 1.0 credits or more for students with a permanent disability) to study at the University of Guelph for the Summer 2020 semester. An application form is required. For students who have received OSAP for the Fall 2019 and Winter 2020 semesters, the application extension form will be available online until July 5, 2020, or from the Student Financial Services office. We recommend that you complete this form by mid-April to have OSAP available for the start of summer classes.

Students applying for OSAP for the first time for the 2019-2020 application year should apply through the OSAP website.

OSAP is a financial need-based program. Students who qualify can receive the following funding based on financial need:

  • Canada/Ontario Integrated Student Loan
  • Canada Student Grant
  • Ontario Student Grant

OSAP will be issued electronically.

Part-time Students

Financial assistance is available for part-time students taking less than a 60% course load (1.5 credits). If you are a student with a permanent disability and are taking a 40% course load (1.0 credit), you can apply for full-time OSAP.

Application forms are available from the OSAP website for the following programs:

  • Part-time Canada Student Loan
  • Canada Student Grant
  • Ontario Part-Time Grant


Bursaries are awarded based on financial need and are available to students taking a minimum of 1.5 credits (1.0 credits for students with a disability) for bursary assistance.

An application is required. Download the bursary application form.

A paper application is also available at Student Financial Services, 3rd Floor, University Centre.

If you are on part-time OSAP, below a 60% course load (i.e. less than 1.5 credits [or less than 1.0 credits for students with a disability]), you do not qualify for a bursary.

Work Study

Students can apply for part-time employment through the Work Study Program at the University of Guelph.

There are a number of positions offered during the summer semester. Students must be registered in 1.5 credits or more to apply. Read more about how to apply.

Financial Counselling

For assistance with budgeting, financial crises or other concerns, please call Student Financial Services at 519-824-4120, extension 58715 to book an appointment to speak with a Financial Aid counsellor.