Visiting and Transfer Students

The University of Guelph welcomes a variety of applicants, including visiting and transfer students. Whatever your applicant type, let us be your next step towards achieving your academic goals.

Visiting Students

Visiting Students are undergraduate students from other universities who are admitted to the University of Guelph on the basis of a Letter of Permission (LOP) issued from their home university. Their purpose in enrolling in undergraduate courses at the University of Guelph is to transfer credits back to a degree program at their home institution.

Visit the LOP section of the Admission Services website for more information about applying to the University of Guelph as a Visiting Student.

Transfer Students

If you’ve previously attended a college or university, you can apply to U of G as a transfer student. The majority of programs accept transfer students for fall entry, but a limited number of programs also accept applications for winter and summer entry.

Visit the Admission Services website to learn about our programs, admission requirements and application procedures.