Getting help from the BA Office

This page provides general information about the topics that the BA Counselling Office and staff can assist you with. If the topic you require assistance with is not found on this page, please navigate to the "Academic Resources" and "Other Resources" pages of our website to find the service you need.

If you have ...

  • Missed a deadline to add or drop a course

  • Missed several classes or a term test

  • Missed final exams or final assignments

  • Have been required to withdraw

...Contact our office as soon as possible at

If you need....

  • To defer (postpone) a final exam or final assignment

...Contact our office as soon as possible (at to request a deferral. If you have documentation, please provide this. Requests with reasonable grounds will be approved.

If you need....

  • To drop a course after the drop deadline (due to extenuating circumstances)
  • To request to continue studying on probation (after being required to withdraw, due to extenuating circumstances)
  • To make any other request for academic consideration

....Submit a Request for Academic Consideration

If you want to ...

  • Check Major, Minor or Concentration Requirements click here

  • Transfer to Another Guelph Degree Program
    The application to transfer to a different degree program or to be readmitted to the University can be completed on line and has a fee. You complete this form if you were required to withdraw for a minimum of two semesters (RTW), suspended for Academic Misconduct, have graduated and want to take further courses, have registered at another institution and want to return to Guelph, have not registered for 6 or more consecutive semesters or are attending Guelph on Letter of Permission and want to continue. Here is the link:

  • Withdraw from the Semester
    You have until the last day of classes to drop courses or to fully withdraw from the current semester. Please see the schedule of dates. We suggest you drop your courses from webadvisor, log off and then back on to confirm the courses are no longer on webadvisor. Please note it takes a couple of days for Courselink to update. The Fee Refund Schedule for the semester applies.

  • Study at Another Accredited University
    Exchanges and letters of permission

  • Talk to a Career Advisor

    • Career Advisors and Peer Helpers are available for appointments through an online delivery option

    • To book an appointment, login to your Experience Guelph account. Click on “Career” then "Appointments” 

  • Information regarding co-op can be found here