- OpenPNM (an open-source framework for conducting pore network modeling simulations of multiphase transport in porous materials, contributed to its development at UofT )
- Seawater Properties (library of computational routines for the thermophysical properties of seawater, developed at MIT)
- The Power of Salt, MIT News, August 2014.
- A New Kind of Power From Salt Water, Wall Street Journal, 2014.
- MIT Researchers Think Salt Could Power a Wastewater Plant on Deer Island, BostInno Journal (Boston Innovation News), August 2014.
- Seawater Could Power Water Treatment Plants, Popular Mechanics Journal, 22 August 2014.
- Study investigates power generation from the meeting of river water and seawater, PHYS-ORG Journal, August 2014.