The University provides a comprehensive package of benefits to its employees. More information on the benefits available to UGFA Unit 1 members, please refer to the Human Resources benefits website. Eligibility for certian benefits will vary based on the type and length of appointment. Employees should refer to the Benefits Booklet for information on eligibility.
In the event of a discrepancy between this page and the Collective Agreement or relevant Plan documents, the Collective Agreement or relevant Plan documents shall be considered the final authority.
- Extended Health Care Coverage - building on the protection provided by the Ontario Health Insurance Plan, we provide employees, spouses and dependents with coverage for expenses like prescription drugs, vision care, semi-private hospital accommodation, out-of-province care and more.
- Dental Coverage - employees, spouses and eligible dependents receive coverage for preventative, restorative and orthodontic services
- Life Insurance - providing financial security at 2 or 3 times base annual salary
- Travel Insurance - coverage for employees, spouse and dependents to address medical emergencies while abroad
- Short and Long-Term Disability Coverage - providing income protection to employees unable to work due to illness or injury
- Employee and Family Assistance Plan - coverage for confidential assistance with personal, work and health related issues (also available to spouses and dependents)
- Post-Retirement Benefits - UGFA Unit 1 members employed after July 1, 2018 are entitled to post-retirement benefits if they have accrued at least ten (10) years of pensionable service with the University.
Support for Professional Activities
- Tuition Waiver - Full-time and part-time tenure-track/confirmation-track or tenured/confirmed UGFA Unit 1 employees are eligible for a tuition waiver of up to 2.0 credits per semester (4.0 credits per year) for courses offered by the University of Guelph. Employees are also eligible for tuition rebates of 90% of off-campus courses up to a maximum of $1,200 per year. These courses must compliment the employee's present or possible future responsibilities to the University or career path.
- Scholarship Plan - provides tuition scholarships for dependent children and spouses for tuition fees in undergraduate, diploma or graduate programs
- Athletic Fee Subsidy - reduced cost access to the Gryphon Athletics facility
- Relocation Assistance - covering up to 100% of the eligible costs for employees relocating to work for the University
- Guaranteed Housing Loan Program