Sessional Lecturer PDR
Winter 2023 CUPE3913 Unit 2 Sessional Lecturer PDR Claims must be submitted through the new CONCUR system.
Sessional Lecturers must wait until CONCUR has been rolled out to their department before submitting a W23 claim.
The ECS system claims will no longer be accepted for Winter 2023.
A CONCUR Guide will be created and uploaded to this website prior to May 1, 2023.
FASR reviews and reimbursements are processed AFTER the deadline for each semester.
About the Sessional Lecturer Professional Development Reimbursement
In the interest of creating opportunities for teachers to learn new skills and develop new pedagogical methods that enrich the undergraduate learning experience, the University provides a Professional Development Reimbursement Fund for use by Sessional Lecturers. The purpose of this fund is to offset costs to the Sessional Lecturer to participate in academic conferences/seminars or to purchase materials in support of their professional/academic development. Sessional Lecturers are entitled to a maximum of $500.00 per semester in which they work. PDR details are outlined in Appendix C of the CUPE 3913 Unit 2 Collective Agreement.
In the event of a discrepancy between this page and the Collective Agreement, the Collective Agreement shall be considered the final authority.
- Each year, the University provides monies for this fund (subject to the outcome of negotiations between the University and CUPE 3913). Any amounts remaining in the PDR pool at the end of the year will be carried forward and available toward the following year reimbursements.
- There are three disbursement periods, fall, winter and summer. The fund is divided in each disbursement period equally between those who submit claims up to $500 or, for those submitting for less than $500, the amount of the reimbursement submission. All claims (including those under $500) will be pro-rated if the total amount claimed exceeds available funding.
- Claims are submitted using the online CONCUR platform, along with original receipts. Claimants complete the online form, print, sign (original signatures only), and submit it with original receipts to their Department for processing. See the attached Guide for submission instructions.
- Claims must be made for the same semester in which the expense was incurred.
- Receipts must be dated within the semester for which the claim is submitted, unless it is carried over from a prior semester. A claim can only be made during semesters with a current CUPE 3913 Unit 2 academic work assignment. For example, a Sessional Instructor has a fall CUPE 3913 Unit 2 academic work assignment AND submits a claim with receipts dated between September to December, unless it is carried over from a previous semesters claim. Another example, a Sessional Instructor has a winter CUPE 3913 Unit 2 academic work assignment and submits a carry over claim from the fall semester.
- Sessional Lecturers may not carry unspent PDR funds to future semesters. However, if a Sessional Lecturer has expenses that exceed the semester allotment for PDR, they may carry it over for reimbursement for a maximum of another two semesters. They must submit another claim in CONCUR and a copy of the original receipt indicating the reference # of the previous claim, under ‘Previous Paid Reference’.
- Reimbursements are processed after the deadline of each semester according to the submission deadline schedule below.
- Payments are made via direct deposit; or by cheque mailed to the home department.
Fall Semester Deadline: February 1
Winter Semester Deadline: June 1
Summer Semester Deadline: October 1
Reimbursements are processed AFTER the deadline for each semester.