Over $100,000 in scholarships awarded to incoming Lang MBA and MA Leadership candidates
Each year, the Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics awards over $100,000 in scholarships to outstanding students entering the Lang MBA and MA Leadership programs. Lang recently celebrated several recipients of these prestigious scholarships during Lang’s virtual Leadership Conference in May.
Lang Executive Programs Entrance Scholarships ($80,000)
Donated as part of Stu and Kim Lang’s $21 million gift in 2019, this scholarship awards $20,000 each to two MBA and two MA Leadership students who demonstrate a commitment to being ethical and responsible leaders while also showing involvement in their community and an overall passion for using business as a force for good.
Congratulations to the 2021 Lang Executive Program Entrance Scholarship recipients:
MA Leadership Recipients:
- Erika Hansen-Reeder - Manager, Planning, Office of the Provost and Vice-President, Academic Affairs, University of Ottawa
- Adrian Werner - Food Security Senior Manager, Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre
- Joanna Kocot - Administrative Support, Cypress Hills Introprovincial Park
- Laksh Gill - Director of Business Information Systems, Dhanoa Hospitality Group
peopleCare Graduate Scholarship in Retirement and Senior Living ($5,000)
This $5,000 scholarship recognizes a student entering the Lang MBA or MA Leadership program who has demonstrated a significant commitment to working with the elderly and desires to further their education in the senior/retirement living industry.
Congratulations to the 2021 peopleCare Graduate Scholarship in Retirement and Senior Living recipient:
- Adebimpe Taiwo - Director of Care, St. Peter’s Residence at Chedoke, Lang MBA candidate
Connor, Clark & Lunn Financial Group Scholarship ($5,000)
This scholarship awards $5,000 to a student entering the Lang MBA or MA Leadership program who demonstrates exemplary community involvement and volunteerism beyond the requirements of their role.
Congratulations to the 2021 Connor, Clark and Lunn Financial Group Scholarship recipient:
- Adrian Werner - Food Security Senior Manager, Saskatoon Food Bank & Learning Centre, Lang MA Leadership candidate
Scotiabank MA Leadership Scholarship ($15,000)
This $15,000 scholarship is awarded annually to a student entering the MA Leadership program based on high academic achievement and demonstrated leadership in their employment within the not-for-profit sector.
Congratulations to the 2021 Scotiabank MA Leadership Scholarship recipient:
- Tina Pryce - Lead of Administration and Integration, Dufferin Child and Family Services