Feb. 4: Centre for Business and Student Enterprise announces new Hub Incubator Program cohort
The Centre for Business and Student Enterprise (CBaSE) recently announced the next cohort of its Hub Incubator Program, welcoming six new startup businesses that will receive funding, meeting space, mentorship and other forms of support as they navigate through the early stages of their business’s launch.
The new cohort includes:
- The Making Box Co: Building Guelph’s first hub for live comedy and education through improvisation.
- Willow: Reinventing the latte experience by offering plant based beverage toppers for both hot and cold drinks, all while reducing food waste.
- Vintage Instincts: Making quality apparel that incorporates genuine vintage fabrics into designs, combining modern design with vintage.
- Better Start Naturals: Developing a line of organic, preservative free and low sugar snacks and drinks for children.
- Protein Innovations: Helping plants survive a potentially damaging and deadly frost by developing a frost protection spray for professional fruit growers and home gardeners.
- TRAVA: An e-commerce company, which aims to design, manufacture and distribute clothing that is globally inspired and promotes local impact in the developing world.
CBaSE’s Hub Incubator Program launched in 2014 and has supported a range startups run by University of Guelph students and alumni. The next deadline to apply to the Hub is March 27, 2016.