Donate to Lang | Alumni and Friends
The Lang School of Business is committed to developing leaders who will use business as a force for good. Your philanthropic gift can help advance our mission and Improve Life.
Support students through awards
Giving a gift of a scholarship or bursary is a meaningful way to impact a student’s life. Scholarships help provide opportunities for students, allowing them to focus their efforts on academics and professional development opportunities
- A gift of at least $1,000 per year for a commitment of 5 years can establish a new award for an undergraduate student, and a gift of $5,000 per year for a commitment of five years can begin a new award for a graduate student.
- A pledged gift of $30,000 committed over 5 years can establish an endowed undergraduate award that disburses $1,000 per year in perpetuity, and $150,000 committed over 5 years can establish an endowed graduate award that disburses $5,000 per year in perpetuity
- You can give to an area that is near to your heart – whether Lang-wide or specific to a program or course. You can structure your award as an entrance or in-course, for co-op students, etc. Your award could include financial need and/or merit criteria, depending on the structure of the award.
How do I set up a scholarship or bursary?
Reach out to Lang's Alumni Advancement Manager Patrick Cook, who will guide you through the process of selecting award eligibility and criteria, naming and donating.
Donor Impact: Jide Atilola (BComm ’08), a Guelph real estate professional, launched the annual Atilola Real Estate Scholarship in Business.
“These students are the future leaders of this world and to empower them with a scholarship is a dream come true for me. It's important for students to know that the University and the community are supporting them,” Jide Atilola
Give to an area near to your heart
- Lang Highest Priority: Your donation can help meet the most critical needs at Lang, at the direction of the Dean.
- Lang School of Business and Economics Student Assistance: Direct your gift to students in need by giving to this fund, which supports a variety of initiatives to alleviate financial hardships for Lang students.
- Lang Case Study Competition Program: Your donation enhances Lang education for all students by supporting professional development activities through funding for industry-related competitions and conferences.
- Lang Plaza: Leave your legacy on campus and help revitalize the front of Macdonald Hall, the home of the Lang School. A gift to the Lang Plaza renovations will create new outdoor spaces for our students to meet, collaborate, study and enjoy. Discover the naming opportunities available within the Lang Plaza.
- Class Project or Peer Giving: Rally colleagues from your cohort or a group of friends to join in on a group giving project. You can jointly give to an area you are passionate about, such as starting a scholarship or giving to a bench in the Lang Plaza. We can help you launch a philanthropic giving campaign and support you in setting up this special initiative.
To give to any of these opportunities, reach out to Alumni Advancement Manager Patrick Cook via email.