Recruit Top Talent | Corporate Connections
There are plenty of ways you can engage with and recruit tomorrow's business leaders at the Lang School.
Lang's Business Career Development Centre
Lang's Business Career Development Centre provides tailored training and skill development to help students gain meaningful employment through networking events, on-campus employer info sessions and more. The on-campus resource centre offers a number of different ways for you to connect with top business-student talent, including;
- Panel events
- Case competition judging
- Guest speaking
- Sponsorship opportunities
- Employer sessions
- Networking events
- Recruitment fairs
- Guest speaking opportunities (i.e. industry insiders)
Hire a recent graduate, co-op student or summer intern
For many employers, co-op provides short and long-term recruitment solutions. Students can rotate into established co-op positions within an organization, or fill short-term contract needs. Co-op students have the ability to work both independently and as part of a team, completing special projects while balancing daily responsibilities.
As all of Lang's BComm majors features a co-op option, you will easily find a motivated and eager student who possesses a wide range of technical, academic, and personal management skills to help you tackle business challenges within your organization. For more information about our co-op programs, view Experience Guelph's Employer Guide.
Become a client for the John F. Wood Centre's Business Consulting Program
Put our talented and passionate students to work on your next business project or organizational challenge. Home of entrepreneurship at the University of Guelph, the John F. Wood Centre will work with you to develop a project plan and match you with a team of students who will deliver a comprehensive report detailing your project's objectives, findings, and suggested courses of action. We will match the student's strengths and major/specialization to your project needs.
More than 640 students have worked with over 200 organizations across the Guelph-Wellington and surrounding areas.
Engage with student organizations
The Gordon S. Lang School of Business and Economics has 17 different student clubs representing a variety of interests, disciplines and industries, including:
- Lang Students’ Association (Lang SA)
- Accounting Society of Guelph (ASG)
- Marketing Management Students’ Association (MMSA)
- Management Economics & Finance Students’ Association (MEFSA)
- Real Estate Students’ Association (RESA)
- Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management Students’ Association (HFTMSA)
- Management Students’ Association (MSA)
- Public Management Students’ Association (PMA)
- Guelph Sports Management Association (GSMA)
- DECA U Guelph
- JDCC Guelph
- Guelph Women in Leadership (GWIL)
- Guelph Student Investment Council (GSIC)
- Guelph Entrepreneurship Society (GES)
- Guelph Sales Students’ Association (GSSA)
- My World, My Choice
By connecting with our student organizations, you will be able to tap into highly engaged student leaders who are helping shape their own communities and campus experiences.