The Animal Health Laboratory (AHL), a unit of the Laboratory Services Division of the University of Guelph, employs a comprehensive quality program. The AHL complements the regulatory and analytical testing carried out by the Division. The AHL is a full-service, fully computerized veterinary diagnostic lab that boasts an extensive cadre of laboratorians with post-graduate training and specialty board certification.
The expertise of AHL laboratorians and University of Guelph personnel is linked to provide a single source of laboratory services in the field of animal health, encompassing both food-producing and companion animals.
The AHL is accredited by:
- American Association of Veterinary Laboratory Diagnosticians (AAVLD) – full accreditation, all species
- Standards Council of Canada (SCC) to ISO/IEC 17025 standard for accredited techniques and specific tests listed on our scope of accreditation
- List of methods that falls under our flexible scope
- Canadian Association for Laboratory Accreditation (CALA) to ISO/IEC 17025 standard for specific tests on our scope of accreditation
- Orthopedic Foundation for Animals Inc. (OFA) – fT42s, TgAA, cTSH
If we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us.