AHL hours and services during the COVID-19 pandemic
March 20 2020
To the valued clients of the Animal Health Laboratory, University of Guelph.
As we move forward in this COVID-19 pandemic, AHL is taking all measures to continue provision of our core services. At the same time we must keep in mind the health and well being of our staff. We realize that our clients are also facing these very same issues. We continue to be open for business and are glad to receive your submissions!
Commencing Monday, March 23, AHL will be open 9AM to 5PM daily. Specimen Room will be available 8AM to 4PM for submission intake and inquiries. Our drop-off fridge is available 24/7.
AHL Kemptville hours will remain as usual - open 8:15 to 4:30 for submission intake with after hours drop off cooler available 24/7
- This will require that all clients with clinical pathology and bacteriology submissions have their samples into the lab by 3:30 PM in order to have those samples set up same day.
- We will continue to strive to meet published turn around times. Many tests will be batched weekly to maximize efficiency.
- Results for high throughput PCR testing may not always be available same day, however if not, they will be set up overnight and resulted the next morning.
- We ask that clients hold and freeze research samples until further notice.
- We would also recommend that all routine (ie non-urgent) large herd / flock testing be delayed if possible.
- There is some testing that AHL is discontinuing at this time - notably VN (virus neutralization) tests. (referral send out for this may be available)
- AHL continues to provide referral send out testing to other labs across North America - please keep in mind that these labs are also noting some constraints, and turn around times may be extended.
We appreciate your patience as we move through this very dynamic situation. Any changes will be available on our website
Please feel free to contact us if you have any questions or concerns. For efficiency email is best! firstname.lastname@example.org
AHL Client Services