There are many options for getting to the University of Guelph from the Toronto Pearson International Airport, a few of which are outlined here. Approximate times are dependent on traffic. Please note that you can check schedules, and in some cases, book your transportation, using the links provided.
- The Greyhound bus heads directly to the University of Guelph and leaves the airport twice per day, usually around 11:00 a.m. and 7:30 p.m. Tickets must be purchased in advance and printed out before you travel, as tickets cannot be purchased at the airport.
- The Greyhound bus stop is located at Terminal 1 near Door P. At the ground level, go outside and you will see several different bus stops. The Greyhound stop is labeled with the Greyhound symbol and is located at the left-hand side.
- The bus arrives at the Guelph University Centre Loop.
Length of trip: 50 minutes – 1 hour
Approximate price: $11 - $30 (cheapest if you book in advance)
- The Go bus is another very reasonably priced option. Their schedules aren’t released very far in advance; however, buses leave every hour toward Guelph and every half hour during rush hour on weekdays.
- The Go bus stop is located at Terminal 1 on the ground level. Bus #40-Hamilton GO leaves from pillar Q. Tickets can be purchased with cash from the driver for $6.50, exit bus at Square One, Mississauga.
- Transfer to the 29-Guelph Central GO (Westbound). Ticket can be purchased from the GO station at Square One or from the ticket vending machines outside, which accept cash, debit, and credit.
- Exit bus at the University of Guelph stop.
Length of trip: 25 minutes to get to Square One. 70 minutes to get to Guelph from Square One. Total trip between 1 hour and 45 minutes – 2 hours
Approximate price: $12.50 - $19
Red Car Services
- Red car offers shuttle services between the Toronto airport and Guelph, so you can go straight to your hotel from the airport. This is the most expensive option but the most efficient.
- Using the link below, you can put in your flight information and arrange to be picked up from the airport whenever you land.
Length of trip: 1 hour
Approximate price: $90 for 1 passenger. $55 each for 2 passengers.
Directions & Maps
The most direct route to the University from Highway 401, East or West is via the Brock Road Exit 299 North (Regional Road 46).
- If driving from Toronto, do not exit at the Guelph Line, but proceed to the Brock Road Exit 299. Brock Road’s name changes to Gordon Street once you are in Guelph.
- Proceed to the Gordon Street and Stone Road intersection.
- Turn right on to Stone Road, the entrance to the University will be on your left-hand side.
- Take your first left on to the university property.