Chem Stores serves the departments of Chemistry, IB, MCB, Physics, CPES and CBS Dean's Offices. Please note that services available vary by department**
Chem Stores is open Monday to Friday from 8:30am-12:00pm, and 1:00pm-4:30pm
CHEM Stores/Stockroom Staff
- Dan D'Aoust firstname.lastname@example.org, SSC 1110, x52266 (Chemistry Stockroom Manager)
- Karen Ingram - email@example.com, SSC 1110, x52660 (Stockroom Technician)
Purchasing supplies from Chem Stores
A variety of laboratory, office, and chemical supplies are available at Chem Stores for personnel in the departments of Chemistry, Engineering, Physics, Human Health and Nutritional Sciences, Integrative Biology, Molecular and Cellular Biology, and the Dean's Office Staff.
Items are not sold for cash, or to any departments other than those listed above.
- Requisition forms are available at the Chem Stores wicket or online.
- Forms will not be accepted without GL coding and an authorizing signature.
- There is a searchable inventory online.
Gas cylinder/tank pickup and drop-off
- You will be contacted when your order for gas cylinders or liquid nitrogen arrives
- Tanks must be picked up as soon as possible
- A gas cart is available to safely transport cylinders
- Ensure that both the safety cap and all labels are on the cylinder when it is returned
Mail bag pick up for IB, MCB, ADR/ADA, CBS Purchasing & Chemistry
- Inbound mail bags are dropped off to Chemistry Stockroom at 9:00 am on Monday/Wednesday/Friday and are available to pickup anytime after
Building maintenance requests (including housekeeping requests) to Dan/Karen
- Phone or email Dan/Karen directly for all building maintenance issues, give details of room number and problem
- They will submit a report to Physical Resources and follow up as required
- Urgent after hours requests (from 4:30 pm to 8:30 am and on weekends) can be reported to the Campus Police Dispatch at x52245
Service Interruptions and Shutdown Notices
All service notifications from Physical Resources for service interruptions and shutdowns that will affect SCIE personnel will be forwarded to College personnel via e-mail
- Speak to your departmental administrative staff to request that room SSC 1118 access is added to your card key
- Notify Chem Stores if tank is empty, and they will give you a new tank to bring to SSC 1118
Freight Elevator Key
- Personnel who have completed the Freight Elevator Safety Course may sign out a key from Chem Stores for short term use.
Used printer cartridges for recycling
- Used cartridges can be dropped off at the Chem Stores wicket
Used batteries for disposal
- Used batteries can be dropped off at the Chem Stores wicket
Yellow EH&S Hazardous Chemical Waste Tags
- EH&S wast tags are available at the Chem Stores wicket
- Speak with Dan/Karen to make arrangements for equipment disposal, they will arrange free pickup by Physical Resources and Freon removal if necessary
MCB Department equipment sign out (MCB Department only)
MCB Personnel can sign out or reserve at Chem Stores wicket:
- French Press, Microtip, and Macrotip parts
- Centrifuge rotors and rotor supplies (o-rings, overspeed disks, etc)
- Electronic equipment – laptop, projectors, laser pointers, extension cords
- Gel doc paper (you will need to tell us the location of the gel doc (ie. room number) for our records)
- Users must return equipment directly to Chem Stores staff and must not leave the equipment unattended on the counter
MCB Departmental Equipment Repair Request
- Contact Chem Stores personnel to arrange for service calls for departmental equipment such as centrifuges, autoclaves, glassware washers, ice machines, etc. if Jamie Jones (for MCB) or Joyce Buck (autoclaves for IB) are not available
MCB Department Dosimeter exchange
- Dosimeter users will be contacted via email when new dosimeters and rings arrive at Chem Stores
- Please exchange promptly as there is limited time for return to Environmental Health & Safety
Lab coat laundering
- Lab coat laundering can be arranged through Chem Stores (please speak with Dan/Karen for more details)