1. Program & Degree Options – MENG, MASc, & PhD
The School of Engineering at the University of Engineering is unique. No other Canadian university offers the specialized combination of majors you will find here. Our six innovative disciplines, including Mechanical Engineering, Biological Engineering, Computer Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Engineering Systems and Computing and Water Resources Engineering offer opportunities for advanced training and research in the engineering sciences and research methodology through a combination of course work, applied research, and/or thesis writing. You may choose to explore collaborative program options (e.g. +IDEV) to tailor your specific research interests. The experience will prepare you for many rewarding career opportunities, both locally and internationally.
2. Supportive Academic Environment
The goal of the School of Engineering is not only to provide you with a top notch education but to create an atmosphere where people work together and build upon one another's strengths. We are proud of the approachability of our staff and faculty and the teamwork among our students. From interactive learning opportunities, both inside and outside of the classroom, to engineering events, you will feel right at home.
The University of Guelph is located an hour west of Toronto and is centrally located in Canada's Technology Triangle. Known for its beautiful campus, the University of Guelph has big city appeal with a small town feel. A vibrant downtown core is walking distance from the campus and offers a variety of recreational and entertainment opportunities.
4. More Than Just An Education
At Guelph, we understand that there is more to university than lectures, assignments and exams. We focus on developing the “whole student”. Here are some of the organizations and clubs that you can be a part of:
5. The University Cares
At Guelph, we understand the importance of this responsibility and strive for success in everything from food to recreation.
- Our students have access to an extraordinarily wide range of information through the main Library's many electronic resources and our innovative partnership with the University of Waterloo and Wilfrid Laurier University. The Tri-University Group of Libraries (TUG) provides access to a total of 7 million volumes including our own collection of 2.5 million.
- The University of Guelph has been ranked as the top University in Canada for food services for 10 years in a row! Visit Hospitality Services to find out more.
- The University of Guelph offers one of the largest selections of recreational sports and clubs in Ontario. Visit Guelph Gryphons Athletics for more details.
6. Proud to be a Gryphon
At Guelph, we are proud to be a Gryphon. Our Gryphon spirit is embodied in five core commitments that ground our actions and interactions at Guelph, in the community, and in the world beyond our campus: Gryphons are respectful and caring; determined to do our best; engaged both inside and outside of the classroom; and authentic to our true selves.