MA (Leadership) Program Overview
Every industry needs leaders
Lang's Masters in Leadership program attracts students from a wide range of industries, professions and career levels. By becoming a masters level leader, you learn to be a more resilient, confident an effective leader.
with periodic breaks
2 residential experiences
What you learn in the program:
- Enhanced interpersonal, team management and collaborative skills
- A deeper and broader knowledge of the requirements, responsibilities and impact of effective leadership
- Enhanced ability to communicate, management of people and tasks and mobilization of innovation
- A better understanding of human biases, creativity, ethical standards, risk and uncertainty in decision-making
- Effective use of quantitative and qualitative research techniques to harness evidence-based leadership practices
- How to use digital platforms to learn modern leadership and organizational behaviour skills
Your Master of Arts in Leadership degree starts with an on-site residential experience where you complete a brief, intensive, in-class course. This cohort experience helps to develop strong connections with your peers that expand your business network and last a lifetime.
After your first residential experience, you will begin your online courses. These courses involve real-world case studies, simulations and cohort experiences – it’s not all about the textbook. Our goal is to empower and enable you to apply what You learn directly to your career. Following a second residential experience and an additional online core course, you will complete a major research project that investigates a leadership problem or issue and adds a professional, referenced report to your portfolio. Alternatively, you have the option to take two elective courses.
At the end of your program, you will have the option of completing two elective courses (coursework-only option) or complete a scholarly research report (major research project) of your choosing.
Complete coursework-only option
By selecting this option you complete two additional courses from our renowned faculty. Choose two of the following courses; Readings in Leadership, Coaching and Developing Others; and Canadian Business Law.
Complete major research project option
By selecting this option, you complete a comprehensive research paper exploring a particular topic of your choice. You will work with your faculty supervisor to identify a topic, methodology, theoretical framework and literature. Students have often focused their research project on their industry or organization, allowing them to use the research report to boost their professional development.