Client Services @ the Animal Health Laboratory
Client Services Technician, 519-824-4120 ext 54976, Client Outreach Technician, ext 54320, email@example.com
Setup new clients!
New to the Animal Health Laboratory? Call or email to get a client number, access to our online fee schedule, submission forms, and anything else you may need to get started.
Online access to results!
Get set up for online access to LabVantage 8 to view all of your results remotely. Look up results, view invoices, check a scanned copy of your submission forms. Troubleshooting? Call and we’ll help you navigate our LIMS, and get your answers quickly!
AHL Client Portal - Let us know if you are interested!!
- Track your monthly submissions, and monitor the status of active and completed cases!
- Create your submissions online, in-clinic, ensuring proper spelling, PIDs and demographics!
- Track the progress of your cases, edit/cancel up until the specimen is received at AHL!
- Know your case # prior to sending to AHL, and track its progress as results are made available!
Customized submission forms!
Save yourself time, and order custom submission forms with your clinic information pre-filled.
AHL supplies list
- The AHL provides various sampling supplies at cost to our clients.
- The AHL has 40-tube blood mailers available for purchase at $3/box. Ensure the survival of your specimens by shipping them in a sturdy container!
- The AHL has larger histology containers to accommodate various tissue sizes:
- 90 mL $1.25, 125 mL—$3.00, 250 mL—$3.25, and 500 mL—-$4.00.
- The complete list is available at:
- Supply Order Form
- email firstname.lastname@example.org to order!
Bacterial and viral transport media from AHL LabNote 36
One of the most important aspects of diagnostic work is the actual sampling and handling of the samples prior to being received at the laboratory.
The best sample for microbiology testing is usually the substrate itself – feces, tissue, or fluid in leak-proof containers (liquids, feces) or leak-proof Whirl-Pak bags (tissue, feces). Ziplock bags are discouraged.
Swabs preferred for microbiology testing:
A) Bacteriology and Mycoplasmology
- Starswab Amies Clear - VP # 1350500, VWR # CA66410-103L; or
- BD single swab - Fisher # B4320115
B) Virology - If swabs are needed, AHL prefers virus transport medium swabs for virology PCR tests.
Regular gel-based bacteriology swabs are unsuitable for PCR testing. For some testing (PEDV), a fecal swab in VTM is preferred rather than feces.
- BD Universal Viral Transport Standard Kit – Fisher Scientific: Catalog # 22 031 15 (Also can be used for Mycoplasma, Ureaplasma, and Chlamydia); or
- Multitrans Collection and Transportation System, Starplex VWR # CA73270-008
These VTM swabs are also available from AHL for $2.75 – please email email@example.com to order.