AHL Update - Victoria Day long weekend
To our valued Clients.
We hope that everyone is managing through these interesting times.
AHL continues to provide most services while still maintaining provisions outlined by the Ontario government and public health.
Here are a few updates from AHL:
1. This weekend is the Victoria Day weekend. We hope that everyone will be able to enjoy the weekend! AHL Guelph will have routine Saturday service (open 9-5 for submissions with limited Clinical Pathology and Bacteriology services plus emergency mammalian post mortem ). AHL Guelph Specimen Reception will be closed Sunday May 17th and Monday May 18th for submission drop off. There are procedures in place for emergency post mortem drop off available after hours. Please call 1-519-824-4120 ext 54530 and leave a message if emergency mammalian post mortem services are needed. The voicemail will be monitored during the weekend. (Email email@example.com ). AHL Kemptville will be closed May 16-18 with provisions for after hours drop off as usual.
2. After hours drop off – just a reminder that AHL Guelph specimen reception is open 8AM to 4PM Monday to Friday (and 9AM to 5PM Saturday) with drop off of submissions available to 5PM ONLY. Doors will be locked after 5PM.
3. As some of you have noted, Purolator courier services are also having to abide by public health provisions. This has lead to occasional delays. Please make sure that you keep a copy of the Purolator tracking number on AHL prepaid waybills so that we can troubleshoot issues. Please be mindful of packaging, cold chain, separating serum, making slides etc so that even with delays, your samples will be viable for testing.
4. A reminder that Virus Neutralization testing is still unavailable at AHL.
5. May 1 was the beginning of AHL’s new fiscal year with a revised fee schedule. Pricing is available online with a username and password. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All The best
Maria Spinato, Jim Fairles and the AHL team.