Closure of AHL Guelph Postmortem Suite Thursday June 18th for approximately 12 days
To our valued Clients,
Closure of AHL Guelph Postmortem Suite Thursday June 18th for approximately 12 days.
AHL Guelph is about to embark on a construction project of a much needed redo of the floors in the Postmortem suite. As a result, the contractors have been lined up and the final dates have been set.
Please note the following for postmortem service at AHL:
The Postmortem suite at AHL will be CLOSED from June 18th for approximately 12 days - an announcement via email and our website will follow when it is reopened.
During the shut down we do have contingency plans for limited emergency PM services only .
- Livestock and poultry PMs will be handled on an emergency basis.
- During this period AHL will NOT be able to accept live animal submissions for euthanasia and postmortem. Euthanasia must occur before transport to the lab.
- Companion and Equine PM cases will only be considered if it is deemed an emergency (public health issues). Small companion animals should be held frozen at the source until we reopen.
Clients who would like to arrange an emergency PM MUST call the lab first to make arrangements: email@example.com or 519-824-4120 ext. 54530. We will be unable to accept unannounced carcass deliveries.
- Carcass storage during this period will be unavailable as well.
- The AHL Kemptville postmortem laboratory is not affected by this closure and will be operational during this period.
We appreciate your cooperation in advance and apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
Please contact us with questions.
All the best and stay safe
Jim Fairles / Andrew Brooks.
519-824-4120 ext 54530