November 26th-December courier update
Courier Shipping through December
As many of you are aware, courier shipping during the COVID-19 pandemic has been trying at times. Yesterday we were made aware of a backlog in sorting at the local Purolator depot (this affects ALL couriers and is not specific to Purolator). Packages may/will be delayed! With the upcoming US Thanksgiving/Black Friday weekend, Christmas, and online shopping increases we have some recommendations to keep in mind when shipping your specimens to AHL-Guelph.
- Package your specimens with the expectation that the shipment will take 2 days (use extra freezer packs, absorbent materials, sturdy container/box).
- Ship your specimens to AHL-Guelph Monday - Wednesday when possible.
- Take note/make a copy of your waybill tracking number each time that you submit and track your package.
- Purolator is no longer guaranteeing next day or Saturday delivery. AHL will not be providing Saturday waybills unless under very special circumstances. If you cannot drive the sample in, if sending on Friday – anticipate Monday delivery. Alternatively, hold your specimens for Monday shipment to avoid sitting in a warehouse for the weekend. We are not responsible if your package does not arrive until Monday.
- The AHL Guelph specimen reception is available for sample drop-off between 7AM to 8PM daily.
- During this time Post Mortem submissions should not be sent via courier. Please call us for updates around handling of PM submissions and drop off. AHL Kemptville PM drop off continues 24/7 as usual.
- AHL does have some limited local courier options – please call to discuss (fees may apply)
- Please also take note of our cold weather shipping reminder and package accordingly. Courier warehouses are not temperature controlled and as we enter winter – submissions may freeze (EDTA / whole blood, histopathology being the major concern)
Stay safe and thanks for understanding during these trying times.
Jim Fairles AHL Client Services
519-824-4120 ext 54530