Conversational Chinese II W18 (CHIN*1290)
Code and section: CHIN*1290*01
Term: Winter 2018
This course further expands listening and speaking skills by systematically introducing grammatical points from the simple to the more complex using Pinyin, the Chinese phonetic alphabet system.
- Master “Putonghua” (Mandarin) pronunciation and intonation.
- Master more than 1,000 commonly used words, and 80 essential grammatical points.
- Capable of carrying on conversations on 40 topics of daily life situations.
This course is restricted to students who are not fluent in Mandarin Chinese
- Intensive Spoken Chinese 口语速成
- CD for the text conversations
Method of presentation:
- The course will teach only the essential and ensure plenty of practice.
- Active student participation is vitally important to a successful experience of learning the language.
- Pre-class preparation and after-class review of the materials are essential to achieving the learning outcomes.
- Class performance (active participation) 20%
- Quizzes 15%
- Presentations 30%
- Final exam (presentations) 35%