Introductory Italian II W18 (ITAL*1070)
Code and section: ITAL*1070*01
Term: Winter 2018
A beginning course in Italian providing the fundamentals of grammar, structure and
idiom. Introduction to aspects of Italian life and culture through audio-visual aids.
- Having successfully completed this course, you will be able to:
- recognize basic spoken Italian
- communicate in basic Italian using familiar everyday expressions related to
- practical needs
- introduce yourself
- produce accurate reading of simple sentences and expressions
- produce simple written expressions
This course may not be taken by students who have OAC Italian or equivalent.
Required: Larese Riga, Carla. Salve! Second Edition (2012). Students have two options. They can purchase:
- the iLrn package ONLY: iLrn and digital edition of the book (available for 18 months) [ISBN: 1111299455
- iLrn and digital edition of the book (available for 18 months) PLUS the hardcopy of Salve! (Second Edition, 2012) [ISBN: 1111699542]
Method of presentation:
2 classroom hours, plus 2 mandatory seminar hours.