U of G Garden Gander
Date and Time
Meet at the Cannon in Branion Plaza for a 12:05pm start. Rain or shine, the walk will take place so bring your umbrella!
Note: If there is lightning at noon, we will not go ahead with the walk.
Wellness@Work is launching a summer walking series, exploring U of G’s beautiful gardens. Join us every Tuesday until the end of August for a guided walk through the picturesque gardens and landscapes on campus.
John Reinhart, Grounds Manager, will take participants on a noon hour walk to explore different gardens and trees on our campus. Each week will feature a different area of campus with more to discover. Come learn about new plantings, plant problems, botany, history of plantings and more!
“Plants are the best. Walking in the shade, under the ceiling provided by so many trees, could possibly be the most relaxing environment found on campus.” – John Reinhart
Meet at the Cannon in Branion Plaza for a 12:05pm start. The walk will wrap up around 12:50pm. Everyone is welcome to join, so please bring a colleague or friend along with you!
Dates for the weekly noon hour walks are:
- July 24th - north of College Ave
- July 31st - mid campus ,College Ave to Stadium walk between Gordon and E.Ring rd.
- August 7th - Conservatory Gardens
- August 14th - Stadium walk to Reynolds walk between Gordon and E.ring rd.
- August 21st - Reynolds walk to S.Ring rd. Between Gordon and E.Ring
- August 28th - West of Gordon
See you there!