The Wellness@Work Champions program was launched in September 2017, with an open recruitment for any faculty or staff who were interested in being involved. Within a few months, the Champions program has expanded to include over 60 employees at the University, who are eager to help create a healthy work environment for all.
Champions come from a variety of different departments and locations and receive regular communications from the Wellness@Work Advisory Committee and Coordinator. They actively promote upcoming events and programs, distribute resources and information, encourage colleagues to participate or share their feedback, and are enthusiastic ambassadors for Wellness@Work. Champions meet in-person at least once per semester.
Are you interested in being a Wellness@Work Champion?
Volunteer to be a Wellness@Work Champion and help the University of Guelph support the well-being of the whole person for all faculty and staff! Champions:
- Receive regular communications from the Wellness@Work Advisory Committee and the Wellness@Work Coordinator
- Distribute flyers, posters, brochures and announcements on wellness programs to co-workers in their department
- Pass along information about upcoming wellness events and programs during regular staff meetings
- Encourage members of their department to participate in wellness programs and activities
- Bring feedback and requests from coworkers to the Wellness@Work Advisory Committee
- Be an enthusiastic liaison with the Wellness@Work Advisory Committee
The time commitment is one to two hours per month, for at least a one-year period. This is open to all University of Guelph employees, in all positions and all locations.
Interested employees are encouraged to sign-up by emailing email@example.com or calling ext. 56705. Champions are welcome to express their interest throughout the year.
Questions? Email or call Sarah Joosse, Wellness@Work Coordinator.