U of G on Tour: Honey Bee Research Centre
Date and Time
U of G Honey Bee Research Centre. Details and directions will be emailed to registrants closer to event date.
Enjoy your lunch break and get to know more of the U of G Guelph Campus by attending this tour of the Honey Bee Research Centre: a leader in apiculture, research and education.
- Front garden gathering where you will meet the team.
- Short interactive presentation on honey bee biology.
- Instructions around how to behave around stinging insects.
- Outside demonstration in the beeyard on beekeeping safety.
- Beehive components are brought to participants in the apiary for an up-close view.
This tour will be limited to 30 attendees so register now! All attendees who complete an evaluation that is emailed to you have the tour will be entered to win a prize basket valued at $50. This prize will include the following items from the Honey Bee Research Centre's shop:
- Medium beeswax wrap;
- Four jars of 165g honey. This includes of liquid, raw ,Thorah, and Georgina honey;
- Bee candle;
- Skep beehive candle; and
- Fragrance free lip balm.
The tour is approximately an hour, with a little more time for questions, and everyone is welcome to check out the storefront afterwards if they are interested to purchase any honey or hive products.100% of the proceeds from items purchased at the Honey Bee Research Centre shop fund research for honey bee health.
Email Isidora Nezic, Wellness@Work Advisor, at email@example.com