Campus Mile: Kick-Off to Healthy Workplace Month 2023
Date and Time
Johnston Green, The Portico
Staff, faculty and students are invited to celebrate the launch of Healthy Workplace Month with the sixth annual U of G Campus Mile! This year, we will be hosting the event in-person on Johsnton Green and Parking Services has generously donated an Annual Red Parking Pass that one lucky participant of the Campus Mile will win!
Meet us at the Portico to walk, run or roll one mile. This is a chance for you to engage in physical activity, connect with colleagues, take in the sights and sounds around you, and enhance your mood. After your mile, stick around to connect with colleagues, enjoy some refreshments, snap a photo with the Gryph mascot, and spin the prize wheel.
Need assistance on the route? One of our Route Volunteers wearing a blue Wellness@Work shirt will be happy to help.
Register through Qualtrics! Please make sure to register as this helps us estimate attendees when providing refreshments and prizes.
How will the winner of the Annual Red Parking Pass be determined?
We are keeping it simple! Attendees will have an opportunity upon arrival to submit their names into a physical draw and answer the optional question “What would you like to see in Wellness@Work’s 2024-2029 Strategic plan?”. Attendees will have until the remarks begin to enter into the draw to win! We will then start our Campus Mile walk, run or roll and return to Johnston Green for snack and refreshments. The winner of the parking pass will be selected around 12:45pm, once all participants have completed their Campus Mile. The winner must still be present when the draw is complete to receive the prize.
What will the Campus Mile look like?
- 12:00 p.m. – Arrive and enter into the draw to an Annual Red Parking Pass!
- 12:05 p.m. – Opening Remarks 12:10 p.m. – Warm-up with Gryph
- 12:15 p.m. – Start your Campus Mile walk, run or roll! If you’re running, you may want to do it twice!
- 12:30 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. – Snacks, refreshments, and prize giveaways, including the draw for the Annual Red Parking Pass.
Can't make it in person? Consider doing a mile walk, run or roll on your own!
- Start your own one mile (1.6km) walk, run or roll wherever you’re working from
- Snap a photo or short video on your one mile route.
- Consider listening to a walking meditation like HeadSpace’s “Walking in the City” recording, which is 10 minutes long, or disconnect from your phone entirely.
- Post the photo or short video you snapped on our custom Campus Mile Kudoboard by October 10, 2023, to be entered to win 1 of 3 $25 Hospitality Gift Cards. Please share any comments on how your one mile route went
The Campus Mile officially launches Healthy Workplace Month at U of G. View the full October calendar with event listings and register now for sessions.