FHT to Move! Jump Into Fall Activity Challenge 2022
This Employee O-Month, form a team with your U of G colleagues and get active with the FHT JUMP into FALL Activity Challenge! This challenge is a way for Guelph and surrounding area residents to improve their mental and physical health, especially during the last couple of years with the COVID-19 pandemic and will run Friday, September 16 to Friday, October 7.
What is the FHT to Move Activity Challenge?
A 3-week, friendly competition (presented by the Guelph Family Health Team) with the intent of encouraging community members, local businesses, organizations, and groups to be more active and lead a healthier lifestyle.
How does it work?
During the 3-week challenge, participants log their daily minutes of activity using the online Activity Tracker Tool at: guelphactivitychallenge.com. These minutes contribute to the team’s total score, which is averaged to keep it fair for everyone, no matter the size of your team. Participants can earn activity minutes in a variety of ways such as running, walking, cycling, weight lifting, yoga, meditation, etc.
NEW! To keep the competition friendly and fair some small changes have been made:
- Only activity minutes done outside of regular work routines or one’s regular job role should be counted towards an individual’s daily activity minutes.
- A limit has been set on the number of activity minutes an individual can enter each day. Each team member can enter up to 4 hours (240 minutes) of activity per day.
How do you earn extra points?
Teams can earn BONUS points by completing the DAILY challenges and WEEKLY video challenges (posted daily to your profile page on the website). All completed challenges will need to be submitted by the Team Captain to social media, following 1 of these steps:
- Post your photos/videos to the FHT to Move Facebook Group (include your Team name in post) Every team member is welcome to join the Facebook Group!
- Post your photos/videos to Twitter using the hashtag #FHTtoMOVE (include your Team name in post)
For more info, download: How to Submit Daily/Video Challenges Instructions
Are there prizes?
Prizes will be awarded at the kick-off event, weekly during the challenge and at the end of the challenge.
How do I register?
- Select a Team Captain for your team. This individual will oversee the team’s progress and needs to create the team by registering online at: guelphactivitychallenge.com
- Each team member must then register online and join their team.
Visit the FAQ page on the Guelph Activity Challenge website or email: FHTtoMOVE@guelphfht.com