Accommodations and Costs
The registration fees listed below cover four days of instruction, reception, and attendance at the keynote and panel discussions.
Early Bird Registration (Before March 1, 2019)
- Students/sessionals/postdocs: $200
- Guelph faculty/staff: $350
- Other faculty/staff: $500
- Registration (After March 1, 2019)
- Students/sessionals/postdocs: $250
- Guelph faculty/staff: $450
- Other faculty/staff: $600
Please note: Withdrawal from the DH@Guelph Summer Workshops prior to April 15th will result in a refund of registration, minus a $75 administration fee. Registration after this date will not be refunded.
Please make your own arrangements for accommodation as required. Below are some suggestions:
- On-campus residence: Accommodations - Hospitality Special Events
- Off-campus hotel: Delta Hotel, Days Inn Hotel (driving distance from the university), Holiday Inn Hotel (driving distance from the university).
The Bullring (best for vegetarian), University Centre Food Court (lots of options) and Grad Pub (University Centre 5th floor) are all good options. Starbucks in the Library has coffee and snacks. . There is Gryphs Sports Lounge above the rink across from the Athletics Centre. There are also food trucks on campus occasionally.
Not many grocery options nearby, so if you want to get some you might want to do this on the first night you are in town. No Frills is close by near the Delta Hotel, about a 15-minute walk from the residences and will cover most needs. Metro at the intersection of Stone Road and Edinburgh Road is the closest full-service grocery store. Goodness me at the bottom of Gordon St by Wellington has organic and health food.
Guelph has a great selection of restaurants, and many local breweries. Below is a selection of them: but we really encourage you to get downtown and explore beautiful Guelph!
- Shakespeare’s Arms - Good beer, pub food, and close to campus!
- Baker Street Station - Slightly more upscale pub experience, lots of drink options, great beer choices, nice wine list, great food
- Earth to Table Bread Bar - New to the Guelph area, handcrafted food and great pizza. Vegetarian options available.
- Buon Gusto - Italian Restaurant, good pizza and pasta. Vegetarian options available.
- The Albion Hotel - Oldest pub in Guelph, with a great selection of beer and food.
- Wellington Brewery - Canadas oldest independent Brewery
Rest, Relaxation, and Exploration
We know that week long workshops can be exhausting, so here are a few places that you can explore from campus to find some peace and quiet.