AWARDS & HONORS, INCLUDING SCIENTIFIC LEADERSHIPS
National and International Awards and Honors
- CSAE Jim Beamish Award: For outstanding work in industry, teaching, research, or extension in the area of soil and water engineering, or environmental sciences
- Fellow, Canadian Society of Bioengineering (Canadian Society of Agricultural Engineers), 2005
- Fellow, Indian Society of Agricultural Engineers – 2012
- Associate Director (Graduate Program), School of Engineering, University of Guelph, Guelph, Ontario Canada, 1995-2003: Leadership activities include the growth of the program by development of new graduate programs (Ph,D., M.Sc. and M. Eng.) in Biological Engineering and Engineering Systems and Computing. The size of the program (enrollment) doubled from about 60 to 120.
- Chair and Vice Chair, Soil Erosion Research Committee, American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineers, St. Joseph, MI, 1995-1999.
- Chair, Ontario Water Management Research and Services Committee. 1996-2000. Develop research and services priorities in agricultural water management in Ontario.
- Organizing Committee: American Society of Agricultural and Biological Engineer 2001 International Symposium on Soil Erosion Research for the 21st century at Honolulu, Hawaii, 2011 International Symposium on Erosion and Landscape Evolution at Anchorage Alaska, USA and 1991 Preferential Flow Symposium at Chicago, IL, USA, 1983 Infiltration Symposium at Chicago, IL, USA.