In 2019 we welcomed Keith Henry, President and CEO, Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada as our Executive-in-Residence.
For 28 years, a prominent industry professional has been invited by the School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management to spend a few days on campus to share their knowledge and experiences with students, faculty and the University community. In addition to visiting classes at each year level, the Executive-in-Residence meets with student chapters of professional organizations. Students also have the opportunity to meet with the executive on an individual basis. A gala dinner to honour the Executive-in-Residence is attended by VIPs from the industry, the student association and the University of Guelph community.
The School of Hospitality, Food and Tourism Management gratefully acknowledges the generous contribution of time and knowledge the executives below have given to our students and faculty over the years. You are the role models for the industry leaders of the future.
- F'19 - Keith Henry, President and CEO, Indigenous Tourism Association of Canada
- W'18 - Sal Howell, Proprietor and Founder of River Cafe and Deane House
- W'17 - Michael Beckley, Director, CBRE Hotels (Former Senior Vice President Development, Marriott Hotels of Canada)
- W'16 - Zita Cobb, Founder of Fogo Island Inn Newfoundland and CEO of the Shorefast Foundation
- W'15 - Darcy VanWyck, Senior Director of RMCC Europe, Hilton Hotels International Division, UK (HAFA 2000 Graduate)
- W'14 - Neil Hornsby, Marketing Director Canada, Best Western International (HAFA 1976 Graduate)
- W'13 - Roland Walton, President, Tim Hortons (HAFA 1978 Graduate)
- W'12 - Peter Oliver, Owner, Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants
- W'11 - Dimitrios Zarikos, Four Seasons Hotels & Resorts
- W'09 - Vicky Brock, Founder, Highland Business Research
- W'08 - Martin Stitt, Delta Meadowvale Resort & Conference Centre (HAFA 1987 Graduate)
- F'07 - Jerrett Young, Canoe Restaurant, Oliver & Bonacini Restaurants (MBA 2000 Graduate)
- W'07 - David Larone, Director, PKF Consulting (HAFA 1975 Grad)
- F'06 - Chef John Folse, John Folse & Company
- W'06 - Corey Dalton, COO, Sir Corp.
- F'05 - Jack MacDonald, CEO, Compass Group
- W'05 - Virginia Cooper, COO, Casa Loma
- F'04 - Ryan Pennie, VP, Canada, UBF Foodsolutions (BASc Consumer Studies 1992 Graduate)
- W'04 - Donna Dooher & Kevin Gallagher, Owners of Mildred Pierce and Cookworks
- F'03 - Kristy Adams, President & COO, Howard Johnson Franchise Canada (HAFA 1990 Graduate)
- W'03 - Alain Pialat, President, Marriott Lodging Canada
- F'02 - Bill Johnson, President and CEO, McDonald's Canada
- W'02 - Lyle Hall, National Director of KPMG
- F'01 - Joe van Koeverden, President & CEO, Saskatchewan Gaming Corp & Casino Regina (HAFA 1975 Graduate)
- W'01 - John Sharpe, Retired President & COO, Four Seasons Hotels and Resorts
- F'00 - Doug Fyfe, President & CEO, Tourism Toronto
- W'00 - Wendy Swedlove, President, Canadian Tourism Human Resource Council
- F'99 - Graham Oliver, Multiple Franchisee Owner - Tim Hortons
- W'99 - Gunter Otto, President & COO, Cara Operations Ltd.
- F'98 - Robert Demone, Retired President & CEO, CP Hotels
- F'92 - Bill Dover, Former President & GM, General Mills, Restaurant Division
- F'90 - Michael Leven, Former President & CEO, Days Inn
MEDIA: March 3, 2016 - Zita Cobb "Business as a force for good" - Canadian Lodging News